Winning Smiles Family Dentistry offers many restorative services to our patients. One of the most common services is dental implants. Implants provide a beautiful, natural looking smile, and are the closest thing to having natural looking teeth. They allow patients to live a happy and healthy lifestyle, and are comfortable compared to other dental solutions. Implants are increasingly popular because they are permanent, and provide long lasting results for years or even a lifetime.
Dental implants are like artificial tooth roots that are placed in the jawbone. The implant is made of titanium, and is similar to a screw that bonds with the jawbone. Once the implants are placed in the jaw bone, they act as a base to support one or many artificial teeth known as crowns.
Our team at Winning Smiles Family Dentistry will evaluate each patient’s bone to ensure there is enough support for the implants. If additional support is needed, a bone graft can be done. This procedure will help provide a proper support structure for the implants. When the implants are placed in the jaw bone, the bone grows around the implants. This process is called osseointegration, and this allows the implant to function just like a natural tooth root.
Once the support structure is complete, a connector or abutment is set on top of the implant, and this holds the crown in place. Our office will make custom crowns to match your existing teeth color and shape so your smile looks natural.
Implants are the strongest solution for teeth needing replacement. They have been used for over 30 years and have a success rate of 98%.
Benefits of dental implants:
- Dental implants are permanent. There is no slipping or clicking like with dentures or bridges.
- Implants look and feel natural and comfortable in the mouth.
- Implants last for years, or even a lifetime if cared for properly.
- Other dental solutions require you to take out your replacement teeth for cleaning. This is not needed with dental implants.
- There is no need to worry about food getting stuck under or in-between implants.
- Provide a natural looking, beautiful smile you can be proud of.
- Dental implants are one of the most common and safest procedures performed today.
If you are self-conscious about your smile, have pain, or issues chewing food, dental implants may be right for you. Call or email Winning Smiles Family Dentistry today to schedule your appointment, and see how dental implants can work for you.